Saturday, May 15, 2010

Today's update.

Well, it's Saturday morning. I was feeling well yesterday and we decided hubby could go home to get a good night's sleep. And I now know how freakin hard it is to do ANYTHING by yourself from the hospital bed. Not good. The nurses are busy. I am on a specific high risk floor. And they have multiples or train wrecks at every corner. My nurse was sending two different moms to surgery when my IV exploded and she had to stop everything for me. Ugh. It was another long night. I was contracting again and now am taking tons of oral meds. There was someone in here messing with me every hour. The best part of the night was Dr McDreamy. He is welcome anytime! Ha, seriously though. I think every resident at all childrens comes in to 'consult' with me. I think they all want their foot in the door to help if I need a c section. Oh well. They are great at answering my questions!

I slept 3 hours broken up last night. But at least I am getting lots of rest in the bed. I am on so much procardia now that my face has turned tomato red and my blood pressure tops out around 110/60 when i am under extreme stress! It's seriously low!!

I woke up with cramping and you can watch small waves on the monitor marching every minute or so. But they are short and small. My most recent cervix check shows no changes, hanging out dilated to 3. The first resident to greet me this morning upped my fluids which means much more peeing!! So I am happy daddy showed up at 7am. Bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to tackle another tough day as a gopher. His mom and dad will be coming up later too. And yesterday I had his mom visit for awhile and a surprise visit from my parent's retired minister that lives close to the hospital.

I am calmer. The babies will come when they come and we are doing all we can for them. I got both doses of steroids to beef up their lungs. I got my rhogam shot yesterday as I am A negative. And I am getting tons of IV anitibiotics. I actually smell like one at this point! I asked about that and found out that no I do not have any infection but we are keeping the babies and I healthy for decreased risk of more preterm labor and for a healthy csection.

The doctor comes in this afternoon. I just want an idea of how long I am here. Maybe I will be heading home today? Maybe I am here for the duration? I can't wait to find out.

3 comments:

jenicini said...

I can't believe that this all happened so fast! You are in my thoughts. Get some rest! {hugs}

Angela said...

OK, what a way for you to get that hospital bed! HaHa! Dialated to 3 my friend, I bet you are there for the duration which is OK! Just make sure that everyone brings you outside food EVERYTIME they come...if you can eat!
Get a fridge in your room for your goodies and so you don't have to bug the nurses more! Have freshly clean blankets from home so you don't have to smell ....sterile...all the time. Music is a good change from the TV. Try to keep your sense of humor!
We are all praying for you around here like CRAZY! And just know that God knows the exact day for their births and he will be there and is there now for you and your sweet miracles! HUGS!

Nancy D. said...

Thanks for keeping us all informed, Ann. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to relax a bit, knowing that you are in the best of hands, with lots of prayers coming your way. Hugs to you and Pete!

Followers