Sunday, May 23, 2010

all the good news

The longer I have been off the mag drip, the better I look and feel! I am really noticing more dizzy spells and blood pressure spikes. But all in all, things are great. I am completely off an IV now. I was allowed a 20 minute wheelchair ride outside yesterday. And I am still allowed to get up to the bathroom and take a shower. I am wearing TED hose and compression thingees on my legs, which have decreased some of the massive swelling in my feet and ankles. So...yay for that!

The doctor came in yesterday with a chipper attitude and gave me a little encouragement talking about how great things are going and that he is happy I have made it to 29 weeks, going on 30. I have moments of major discomfort when I want to give in and have these babies taken out of me! And he said that in those moments, he can gladly take me to the NICU and show me some babies to convince me otherwise. He also reminded me that the past 7 days have saved the kids 21 days in the NICU. That is still so amazing to think about! I think I would be released to go back home if we lived closer to the hospital. But he knows that I will just end up back here a day later with more contractions. So this really is the best place for me to be chilling out.

It's funny that my mom is here all the way from the UK and now I am doing quite well. But it is wonderful to have her here for her company. She takes care of things in our house. And she comes to the hospital in time to help me take a shower every morning. The one task I REALLY NEED help with!!! Peter is doing okay - but getting VERY worn down. He sleeps (or tries to) on the very uncomfortable pull out bed. And the meds I take require a nurse to come in for BP, temp and a cute little cup full of pills every two hours. And noone can sleep through those little sessions with the nurse. The night time routine is miserable for all.

We will have a consult with a cardiologist for the babies on Monday. One of the necessary meds I am taking to keep the contractions away and keep these babies in me, can cause heart problems for the kiddos. It is a surgically reversible defect, but we would like to know that this is not going to be a problem! It is not worth keeping them growing inside if it is unhealthy for them to stay! So right now we are praying for 3 healthy little tickers!!!

That's all folks. Keep praying! :)

3 comments:

Mary Dunbar said...

What a wonderful post. So glad to hear your feeling ok and hanging in there. These babies are so lucky to have such a great mommy. Still praying. =)

jenicini said...

What good news! Hang in there!!!!

X.Christensen said...

On the plus side, my dear.. you'll be fully prepared for those 8 million middle of the night feedings once they arrive!

Followers