Friday, May 21, 2010

morning updates

I posted my blog entry about 3 minutes before the resident wandered in for my morning visit. So here is a quick update. I refer to my 6 AM resident as McDreamy because he truly is the CUTEST one! But, after watching Grey's Anatomy last night I realize he is NO McDreamy. WHAT A SHOCKING EPISODE!! If you haven't seen the season finale of Grey's - find it on hulu and watch it. It was unreal!

Ok - back to the babies and me. I have been very dizzy from time to time or having palpitations but we just will assume this is quick drops in blood pressure due to the massive amounts of procardia I am taking to stop contractions. Also, the babies are so big and they sometimes push on my vena cava causing some little reactions with my blood flow making me feel like doggy doo doo. None of this is dangerous, but I need to be very careful when I get up out of bed. And I should not really be getting out of bed anyway, but do have bathroom privileges (for now).

My feet are HUGE but the pulses are still good. So I will now be starting blood thinners, (heparin shots) due to my staying in bed. I also get to wear some lovely TED hose, but get to skip out on the little pressure thingees because of the blood thinners (for now). I had a lovely blood draw again this morning. And am running out of veins. But the blood type and cross expires every 3 days. So I am officially rebanded for the weekend.

That's all folks! Oh, yes I am still contracting, but they don't suck too bad right now! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up girl...Grey's update before your update. I hope everyone left you alone so you could watch it without interruption. Or were the nurses hanging out with you to watch it too? Glad to here your Mom made it there safely.. Your kids are truly best with great grandparents. Well kiddo..happy thoughts of 30 little toes and 30 little fingers growing and growing!!! Mary in Mo

jenicini said...

A - I go away for a few days and come back to mountains of posts from your crazy few days! I'm SO glad that all of you are safely tucked away in bed right now. It's awesome that you have managed a whole week past when they might have come. Hang in there!!! I'll be thinking of you! Also, I'm in the middle of the Grey's episode from my DVR about dying from the drama! :)

Angela said...

I LOVE the updates! Just promise that Peter or your mom will update after the babies are here to let us all know. But that is 6+weeks away, so you'll have lots of time to show your mom how to post for you...haha! Do you have a BIG calendar hung with a Big Circle around 36wks?!!! I know it sounds crazy, but try to think longer...Noone ever thought I'd make it to 32 wks, so when I did I mentally was done! Wish I would've set an outrageos goal! I love your updates and am so glad that you have family to be with you everyday! That's huge! Before you know it your babies will be crawling out of their cribs and saying.."EAT! Poop!"...it's tons of fun! Hugs!

Followers