Sunday, May 23, 2010

stirring it all up!

It seems as soon as I write a post, the tables turn! Today we had a biophysical profile ultrasound due to my bouncing blood pressure and dizziness. They also did the AFI which shows the amniotic fluid levels have completely bottomed out! The level is extremely low and half of what it was two days ago. This can be another side effect of the anti-contraction med along with the possible heart defects. Ugh. They cut my dose in half for the night and the IV is back in. We are doing the 24 hour urine test. A whole bunch of labwork. And a repeat ultrasound in the morning. The way I understand it, is the amniotic fluid is made up of the babies urine. And if I get super hydrated, the babies will be more hydrated and the fluid should go up. Let's pray for that!

In the mean time, I started contracting enough that the nurse was a bit upset. So they checked the cervix again which is holding at 3 cm (depending on who checks me) with 70% effacement. Peter went home to get some sleep in case he needs to rush his rear back here to the hospital. But mom is here for the night.

All seems calm right now as we wait and hope for more fluid around these kiddos! It could be a long day of ultrasounds with the BPP and AFI in the morning and a cardiology consult with echos I am sure. I plan to take a Vistaril and sleep off some anxiety soon!

2 comments:

E. Merritt said...

You are so close to your next goal of 30 weeks. As you know we have 3 30weekers and everyone is healthy. Hang in there and get the sleep while you can. The night before I had mine I took additional pain meds (for the firs time) and had the best sleep I had had for a very long time. We're thinking and praying for y'all.

Stacie said...

I've been following your story for a bit and wanted to say that I am sending positive thoughts your way. I also wanted to say you are doing an amazing job with this pregnancy!

Stacie
Mom to fraternal twins (PPROM at 26weeks, delivered at 28 weeks 3 days)

Followers