Friday, April 30, 2010

Bloodwork

I have been feeling extremely tired lately and it seems to get a little worse each day. So, I finally called the doctor just to let them know. I feel strange whining about this as I was sure it could just be chalked up to the triplets! But they did send me in to the lab for bloodwork yesterday.

I had the one hour glucose tolerance test and PASSED!! Yay! And my thyroid level was fine. Which is great because I am on a hefty dose of Synthroid. But the CBC came back showing me as being extremely anemic! Hemoglobin was 9.0! No wonder I have been sooo freakin tired! I will start extra iron pills today. I already feel better knowing that I am not crazy. And a little extra iron will hopefully cure my inability to lift my head off of my pillow! I think this calls for a good juicy steak for dinner, don't you?

I had a bad day yesterday with the really disgusting glucose drink to start it off. I came out of the lab to find a note on my car that there was a screw in my right front tire. And when I headed to pick up some lunch, I realized I had left my credit card somewhere this week. UGH. But things are looking up. I didn't puke up the drink, Peter is getting the tire fixed and oil changed in the car today, and they had kept my credit card for me so I just had to stop in and pick it up. Let's hope for a MUCH better weekend. I am looking forward to not road-tripping anywhere and just being at home with my husband for a couple of days.

6 comments:

Sumer said...

Im tired all the time and Im only pregnant with one!! You amaze me every week! I love coming on here and seeing your updates!

Angela said...

Glad your glucose came back good! That's awesome, since you need to pack on those pounds! And as far as your iron. Just consider your extra iron your friend for months, especially after the babies are born. I tanked so bad a few weeks after delivery and it was because I didn't continue my extra iron! What a rotten day you had! I don't blame you for wanting to stay in and cook those babies! Have a good weekend with the hubby, rent some movies and eat lots of cheesecake!

Anonymous said...

Not sure what they put you on but I was on Corvite 150 mg daily when my hemoglobin was that low and I raised it to 10.8 in a month! You should try it. Take it at night though cuz you burp it up. It's RX only. Also be sure to take stool softeners. Corvite has the needed vitamins that help you absorb the folate better.
Belinda

E. Merritt said...

Glad to hear you passed the glucose test. I am also on synthroid, which they raised my dose during the pregnancy & nursing. I was also on ALOT of iron mainly because I don't eat red meat- this was somewhat frowned upon since I was carrying three and needed those nutrients. The iron should help a lot.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, I'm sure you have heard of SlowFe iron tablets ? They are not binding. Maybe you have to take pre-natal iron ? Just thought I'd mention it. Louise

Our life in pictures said...

I say go for the big juicy steak!!!!

Followers