Friday, April 23, 2010

just so you know

Lately, I have been talking to people about our decision to deliver in St Pete instead of here in town. My OBGYN referred me to the high risk group up there and it was a no brainer for us really. They deliver multiples often including the recent set of sextuplets. I think they are very attentive to us and the staff is great! And it's only a 40 minute drive from our house. We have been asked many questions about the NICU as well. And although we toured the place and met a lot of nurses, I don't remember all the details. I just know it is HUGE. The labor and delivery unit is brand new, opening it's doors in January. But the staff has been working together in it's old location up until they moved the unit across the street into the children's hospital this year. The equpiment is all state of the art. And the nurses and staff were able to have input into the design and family centered features in the new facility. So it's very comfy and a happy place! So tonight I looked online to find out the NICU 'facts' for my friends. It is a 97 bed NICU. That's right NINETY SEVEN! It is ranked as the top children's hospital here in Florida. They specialize in multiples, extremely premature and very low birthweight infants. So never fear, I think we chose a competent place to have our babies. :)

1 comment:

Nancy (Durling) said...

Ann, I think you and Peter have made very well informed, well thought out decisions for these babies. Hope you can relax now and just await the big day. The three Wheatley babies will be very lucky to have you both as parents!

Followers