Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vacation on my mind.

I am SO looking forward to my mom's visit in a week and a half! As I lay here in bed, the list keeps growing and growing. Peter is doing a great job of working all day and keeping up the house at night. I couldn't ask more of him. BUT, the floors are dirty, the house is dusty, the laundry never quite gets caught up, and the list goes on and on. I need her help physically AND emotionally.

I am so darn lonely!! And now my husband is out of town for the weekend. In Vegas. Oh - how I wish I was going along. We love that town and even got married there. It can be so romantic and exciting. This weekend is a huge reminder of the freedoms I have lost. 3 kiddos aren't going to help with that whole 'freedom' thing. But I couldn't ask for anything more. Except for both grandma's to get ready to babysit in a couple of years. Because this downtime is giving me lots of internet surf time. And there are lots of future vacation ideas flowing, and some of those do not include the munchkins. :)

I will say though, that one of the biggest dreams is of our family at the Magic Kingdom. I think these pregnancy hormones are really bringing out 'The Most Magical Place on Earth' vibes!! I have huge dreams of taking my three babies to see Mickey Mouse!! I can't wait for that.

It's a world of laughter, a world or tears
Its a world of hopes, its a world of fear
Theres so much that we share
That its time we're aware
Its a small world after all!!

2 comments:

X.Christensen said...

Maybe we should plan for one of those.. um... Disney cruises, or what are those resorts called that are tailored for the little ones?

OH, and once you have the kids--you can still come to Vegas. Drop them off with us. We'll watch em for a few days so they're not too far away but you can still play. =)

BARBIE said...

It will continue to be an emotional roller coaster for a long time, and being on bed rest gives you little to no distraction from all your worst thoughts and only makes it that much worse. I remember that I had to spend some time crying and grieving the loss of a lot of little dreams I had that will never happen now that our family exploded all at once. I was always able to come back though to the idea of how much more wonderful all of the things that we CAN do with our brood will be now that we have 5 kids to do it all with.

Best of luck getting through the lonely weekend and I'll pray you can keep your mind on all the positives. Order Netflix or something :)

Followers