Friday, February 5, 2010

The LAWS

Can you tell I am on bedrest? I can't help but blog!! :) Good news of the day is that the medicine is totally calming my cramping and easing my nerves. The bleeding is less today and we are just sitting around praying for it to stop soon!

We make 'laws' in our household for lots of little things. I mean, you might bend the rules, but would think really hard about breaking the LAW! They are usually quite comical laws. But this week we made three new ones.

#1. I will keep all of my maternity-ish clothes that still fit in one specific place in the closet. So, if for some reason I would end up needing Peter to bring me clothes (such as an unexpected stay in the hospital) he will know what to grab.

#2. There will always be a HALF a tank of gas in the murano. This saves us from ever again frantically looking for a place to buy gas at 4AM on our way to Tampa. **SIGH**

#3. I will always have an extra pair of socks in my purse. I always wear flip flops and my toes were sure cold in the ER!!!

That's it. The new laws for the Wheatley household. :)

4 comments:

X.Christensen said...

LOL. Especially to #3.

Erin said...

Glad to hear that the medicine is doing the trick! I like your "laws"...very important things were covered. I can only imagine how thick the Law Book will be a couple of years from now! Those babies are keeping you guys on your toes already! Fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

Loving the laws and loving it more that you wrote it down! You may forget these special laws once your mind is being filled with baby memories and firsts. Write them here or keep a journal because these 3 you just added are priceless!
B

Anonymous said...

Maakes sense to me. I learned the gas tank lesson when Jared was a baby and needed an emregency trip. There were no all night stores then. That law must remain in place until the kids are out of the house !
So happy that all is well. Love, Louise

Followers