Monday, February 15, 2010

Tiny bubbles.

I was lying in bed one afternoon last week and felt a few strange little bubbles. Could be gas? Could be babies? And then I noticed I felt some random fluttery feelings again the next day. And a few times yesterday. SO EXCITING! I think it's those little munchkins! Yeah- it could just be gas. But we are going with babies. And it really makes me smile!!

I have been enjoying the Olympics this year. I have PLENTY of time to watch it all. I have enjoyed the luge, ski jump, moguls, and our two local couples ice skating!! It's been a good distraction for me. I also have a handful of new scrapbooking supplies. I admit I have never done anything like this!! But I am going to attempt making a few scrapbook pages with our ultrasound photos. I was thinking we could do this throughout the pregnancy to capture these good and not so good memories. And I am sure I won't have the time or energy to do anything like it once the babies arrive!!

My husband is leaving for several days to a meeting in Las Vegas. I will be lost without him, as I am trapped at home!! I am hoping to call on the "let me know if I can do anything for you" friends!! Hopefully I can have some stop by and bring me lunch or just some company and smiles.

I am back to this miserable nausea that seems to come and go. I wake up nauseated every night several times. It also comes and goes during the day. We both know when it's coming. I start with hiccups, and then the loud gurgling stomach and then the nausea hits me like a brick wall. I have tried toast or protein snacks or really every food in the house, and at times try really hard to lie down and sleep it off. But it's miserable! I have a new hateful relationship with food. I know I need to eat to settle my stomach and to help these babies grow. The calorie demands for triplets is unbelievable. But at all times I can't think of one food that sounds good. My husband has actually offered to jump in the car and go buy ANYTHING I want from ANYWHERE. And I end up in tears not even being able to think of one thing, food or drink, that is desirable. The hubs is becoming more and more miserable as I now don't want to smell anything cooking in the hosue either. And I am pretty mean about it. I don't want to hear him chewing or smell or see his food. What is wrong with me? Some kind of pregnancy induced eating disorder!!?? I need some help here!

My mother in law bought the cutest crib bedding for one of the cribs. We are a giraffe loving family. So we knew we would incorporate this into our nursery somehow. And now I am dying to know the genders so we know which direction to go working from this cute set!! The paint color and the colors of the other two cribs will be based on the genders. I can't wait!! 2 more weeks...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, Yes, those bubbles are the babies ! So excited for you. LLLooovvveee the giraffe motif for the nursery. Oh by the way, prepare yourself for when the trips start doing the chicken dance together !! My twins used to do the polka and were quite good at it. . Stay well. Love, Louise

Erin said...

tiny bubbles and butterflies are a good thing!! mine always reminded me of a muscle spasm...such a stange and wonderful feeling! i can hardly wait for your appointment to find out the gender. i can't even begin to imagine how excited you both must be! glad the olympics are keeping you busy. what perfect timing for a fun distraction!

Jackie said...

I had the exact same problem with food from 6 weeks on.... At 9 weeks I talked to my doctor and got a prescription for "Diclectin", which is specifically to combat morning sickness.... It took a few days to kick in, but I've now gone from losing weight (even when forcing myself to eat when I could, and again when I couldn't!) to finally gaining, which is what these babies need!
I've tried to brave it out a few time without the Diclectin (BTW, it's a combination of an antihistimine and Vit. B something) but so far I need it to be able to eat throughout the day (and it goes wtihout saying I'm in a much better mood when I'm not constantly sick).
And I concur -- those bubbles are the babies! I felt the same thing with by first-born -- felt like little bubbles rising and popping.
Congratulations! (I can't wait to get there!)
12 weeks and counting.....

Shonya said...

I. ABSOLUTELY. LOVE. THE. BEDDING!!!!!! It would fit perfectly in my nursery! :) LOL

Followers