Thursday, February 11, 2010

Holy Avocados!!


I guess we are in the middle of week 16!! Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender. (Oh boy are we interested!!!!)

I have been searching around on the internet for triplet info again this afternoon. And found the statistic that in 2008, if three embryos are implanted in a woman between 31-34 years of age, there is a 3% chance that it will result in a triplet pregnancy. THREE percent!! These are some amazing little munchkins.

I was always told that the women in my family are very fertile. And that just made me laugh as we spent more than a life savings on infertility treatments. But I remember relaxing in the tub after the second retrieval and coming up with the theory that my anatomy was preventing ovulation, but possibly once those great looking embryos were in the uterus, my SUPER-fertility genes will kick in! Ha - I am so glad to know that theory worked out for us. I went from just praying for one baby to not imagining our lives without these three growing monkeys. I pray every few minutes of my day that they will be healthy and have an easy entry into this world. God is amazing!

3 comments:

Belinda said...

We want a belly photo!

Angela said...

I second that! Getting close to feeling them moving soon! God is GOOOD!!!

BARBIE said...

Amen! I so love following your blog and look forward to praying for you guys through the next few months and beyond. Enjoy every moment of this pregnancy, even the bed rest. As much as I hated being so disgustingly big I'm only a week out from it now and I can honestly say there are things I miss about it (feeling them kick, knowing they are always with me, etc...) Try to relax and take in God's rich blessing.

Followers