Sunday, January 31, 2010

Still hanging in there.


Well I was sooo excited to announce the end of my nausea, only to be struck down with one of the more sickly nights of my life! I survived. And in fact I felt well enough this morning to make it to the 11:00 church service followed by the greasy cheese pizza date in the food court at the mall. We are sooo romantic aren't we? Anyway, I am sure the symptoms will come and go. But I definitely enjoyed a couple of days of complete relief!

Word on the internet and in my collection for multiples books, is that you will feel triplets move much earlier than a singleton. Usually, anytime after 13 weeks. So this means I lay VERY still every night just waiting for that first flutter! But I got nothin! Oh well, I am sure they will be kicking the crap out of me before long. :)

This is my last official week that I can go to work without the 'new nurse' being there. So I am going to do my best to make it in for a couple of days before the long break in my career as a nurse. I always felt a little jealous of SAHM's as I was trudging to my job in uniform every day. But I now truly realize how hard I will be working at home. And yet I can't wait!!! I have dreamed of raising my babies since I was probably 3 years old. What an adventure we have ahead of us!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Bummer that you're feeling crappy again! It's amazing to think that you could feel movement so soon. That's awesome! So much to look forward to in the next few months! :)

Oh, and no worries - you'll have a pretty cool SAHM uniform too, I bet! I'm guessing it'll be something like jogging pants and ratty t-shirts. And at least a few times a day, one of those items will have to be changed due to either spit-up, pee or poo. BUT, that means that you won't exactly be wearing the 'same' thing for days in a row... Taking an uninterrupted shower will feel like a day at the spa!! :) But the best part is that no matter how desparately you need to wash your hair or take a shower...the babies will love you no matter what. Now Peter on the other hand...he may disagree! :)

E. Merritt said...

The first time I felt one of my triplets kick was around 18 weeks and from then on it never stopped. The best was when they start kicking each other. Once they were born, the kicking is something I missed.

X.Christensen said...

There's something to say about mall food court's and cheese. I kid you not, when I was pregnant with Tiergan, Trent and I both worked for the State of CO. We would meet at the umm... 16th St mall, and EVERY SINGLE DAY, I'd eat cheese fries and a cheese dog. It was the only thing I could keep down, and it was THE BEST part of my day. I still crave it. =X

X.Christensen said...

Oh, and to expand on Erin's statement... Your clothes will also become (more times than not) a replacement for kleenex.

Mind you, as a mom--none of this will ever really bother you.

The Wheatley Family said...

I know - I hope I can at least FEEL the desire to shower and not just go with the grubbiness of it all. LOL And yeah E that's what I am kind of expecting too. From who I have talked to online one triplet mom said she felt them around 17 weeks, and one 15 weeks, and one at 14 weeks. I just can't help but sit and think about it. I am not very patient! :)

BARBIE said...

Being a first time mom you'll probably feel them later rather then sooner. The first few weeks you feel them kick it feels like nothing more then a small tinge, hunger pang, gas bubble, something of that sort. You probably wouldn't even think twice about it. The good hard recognizable kicks won't start until closer to 18-22 weeks. Hope you feel it soon, it is fun once it starts! A little less fun towards the end when they don't stop.

So sorry you're sick again. Hope you're able to keep a meal down again soon!

Followers