Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Three BEAUTIFUL babes.

Baby A is laying face down but was wiggling and waving away. Baby B was standing on their head and moving a LOT! But she turned the image a bit so it looked better, you can see a cute little foot up in the air. Baby C was stubborn and snoozing. I coughed and laughed and you could see it's cute little arms bouncing - but it took work to wake him/her up!!



Wow!! We had a great appointment! Of course we were there for over 3 hours. But it was amazing. My BP was up due to nerves, but settled itself back down. I met with a nurse discussing our medical history, our choice for delivery, circumcision, anesthesia, and the whole nine yards! Then we met with the insurance lady, and we found out we have great coverage for pregnancy. I will have a case manager assigned to me to help things flow smoothly. Next was the ultrasound and NT scan. It was so wonderful to sit and watch the babies waving and dancing and snoozing. The heart beats were all around 178 and they all passed the NT scan beautifully! Only one was being lazy and needed me to cough a few times to bounce it up enough to see the back of the neck. The U/S tech was great and explained everything! I have been feeling a lot of weird cramping on each side and we now realize it is probably due to my overstimulated ovaries left over from the injections before IVF. I have some big old cysts hanging out in there! And then we FINALLY met the doctor. I was impressed, he was easy going and very positive. They were kind of excited because all of their triplets have delivered and they were ready for more. I was relieved to hear how many multiples they deliver, including a set of sextuplets! I do need to go for a cardiology check back in Tampa soon. And then I am free to relax until the anatomy scan in 6 weeks. We are hoping to keep these babies cooking for 32 weeks. That would be our main goal. But I am at a very high risk for preterm labor. So - for now we relax and enjoy our dreams and hopes for our soon to be BIG family!!

9 comments:

Erin said...

how amazing!!! your u/s pics are absolutely priceless...three perfect little babies! what a relief to meet the doctor and to have an idea of what to expect. glad things went well. can't wait to find out the gender of each - right around the corner! congrats Mama!

BARBIE said...

Woohoo! What great news, I've been thinking about and praying for you guys all day. I'm so glad it went smoothly and set your mind at ease a bit. I love the pictures!

Amanda said...

Beautiful ultrasound pictures! Glad to see you are doing great!

Belinda said...

This makes ME so happy! I can only imagine how you two feel!
B

jenicini said...

So sweet! I'm glad the babies cooperated! :)

Angela said...

This brings back so many memories! Congratulations X3!!! Pop on over to the Friesen Funny Farm and you can ready our story...Triplets are such a miracle! Very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Great news! I also loved those long ultrasounds! I ended up having 18! I only had two wigglers in there, but feeling them is just so amazing - that's just around the corner for you! Congrats again :) Keep up the good work!

Caz said...

I'm glad that the visit and scan went well. I bet you are both elated and rightly so.

Shonya said...

Praising God for the health of your babes! Take care of yourself!

Followers