Monday, January 18, 2010

first 'real' appointment

Tomorrow is a big day...huge. We head to St Petersburg in the afternoon for the first official appointment with the high risk OB. I am nervous as usual and yet will be so happy to finally have a direction to go with this pregnancy! I feel like a lost little lamb these days. The RE was great. But I don't know anything about the babies, and don't know if my symptoms are normal, and don't really know what I should be eating. I have so many questions! It will be a huge relief to sort some of these things out. It is supposed to be over a two hour appt with the doctor. So I should be good and exhausted by the time we are home. But, I promise to update my blog with the juicy details!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Safe travels. I am sure you will get all of the answers you need, and maybe a few new resources too. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

BARBIE said...

Oh if you haven't already, you need to get the book "When you're expecting Twins Triplets or Quads" by Dr. Barbara Luke. It is a FANTASTIC read and will give you SO much information on what to expect from conception through postpartum. My nutritionist insisted we get it and use it as our bible from the start. There are a lot of books out there but this was the only one that was at all helpful to someone expecting Triplets or Quads. It cured my "lost little lamb" feeling very early on.

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be praying for you guys!!

The Wheatley Family said...

Oh good!! Thanks!! I have been looking for a good multiples book. Yay!

Caz said...

Safe journey for your trip.

I hope they give you all the answers you needs. Do you have to travel far to St Petersburg? Maybe it'd be nice to go for lunch somwhere. This is what husband and I so when we go to see our consultant. It's only an hour drive but it makes the day seem a little more special!
Please let us know the outcome of the appointment.

Followers