Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An amazing day!

Wow - I had a great accidental meeting this morning! I went for a quick walk and ran into a woman in our neighborhood that we always see walking with her triplets! She was so nice and already had amazing advice during our few minute conversation. She will be a wonderful resource and a definite new friend! I was complimenting her Peg Perego Triplette stroller. (The top choice of triplet strollers and they cost a FORTUNE!) She said it was given to her free by another triplet mom she had met while they were in the NICU. And after a year, it is no longer working as well for them as it is heavy and not exactly what she wants. She said it is AMAZING for little babies and a great gift that they have treasured this year. They are buying a quad stroller soon as it is easier to manuever with three bigger kiddos and goes through doors easily. So she is going to GIVE the Peg Perego TO ME! Yep, you read that right. I offered her money, but she said no it was free to them and she would be happy to pass it on seats and all. I could have cried! We couldn't really afford that stroller and had sort of sighed and moved on to the next best choice in strollers. I can't even think straight. We are SO blessed.

10 comments:

jenicini said...

Some things are just meant to be!

Our life in pictures said...

Yeah! That's a stress off! And who doesn't want a Peg stroller????? I'm sure she'll have lots of things she can share!

Erin said...

Wow! That's an awesome surprise! I'm tearing up just by reading your post. Gotta love hormones! :) How nice of her. I'm sure you will have lots of fun picking her brain over the next few months. Two sets of trips in one neighborhood - gotta love that!

E. Merritt said...

What a blessing. We had countless instances like this including (on three separate occasions) strangers buy us diapers. You'll love the stroller, it truly is the Cadillac of strollers!

Angela said...

Oh My Goodness! That is amazing! And yes, I would've cried! What a blessing! I'm so happy for you! And love that you'll have someone who you could see often who's in the same boat and has some connections for support! GREAT!

Angela said...

What were the genders of her babies?

The Wheatley Family said...

She has two identical boys and a girl. They are SO CUTE. But aren't three babies ALWAYS cute? They made my day!

Beth said...

Hi! I found your blog on M&M. I too have been blown away by the generosity of others. Since discovering I was expecting quads, so many friends and complete strangers have been so generous, both in gifts and just kindness. I have found that I love being able to pay it forward. We are finished with our infant things and I have sold some, but I love being able to help another multiple mom with a gift. You are blessed to have found this woman- she will be a wonderful resource- it is great to have someone who really understands what you are going through. I'm sure seeing your little bitty babies in a while will bring her right back to the joy of bringing her sweet babies home. Welcome to the wonderful community of Moms of Multiples!!!

Anonymous said...

You had a very productive walk!! What a generous gift to a deserving family!

X.Christensen said...

That's FABULOUS!

Followers