Tuesday, January 12, 2010

3AM chat.

I am up again. I am nauseated and wide awake every night. And then I am exhausted during the day. Yuck! But I am not so worried tonight. I am just trying to snuggle and stay warm! It has been unbelievably cold in Florida this winter. We have been breaking records for two weeks! Don't worry, I will be complaining about the heat before we know it.

I pulled tags off of our handfull of baby blankets and towels and odds and ends in the closet today. I am hoping I, or someone else, will be able to wash and put away everything once we get closer to the end of this pregnancy. But for now I will remove tags and have fun filling the closet with cute stuff! We don't have much, but have some cute gifts and a few little purchases. We have a LONG way to go! After reading of some mothers being on bedrest as early as 16 weeks with triplets, I feel the clock ticking in my ear. On one hand we have SUCH a long road ahead of us. And on the other, time is flying by.

I emailed a woman that runs the local mothers of multiples group. They set you up with a local mentor and have oodles of resources and activities. I browsed their list of multiples discounts today. And thankfully most companies have discount programs for diapers, formula, food, toys, clothes and you name it for families with triplets or more. We could use help with all of that!! It is going to be expensive doing this all at once. But a great friend just reminded me that they have three kids and kind of wish they could have reached all of the milestones at the same time. Multiples are a blessing. And we will survive this just fine!! Thanks Jodi!!


It has been very interesting hearing everyone's opinion on triplets. But seriously. I don't want you to say ANYTHING if it isn't positive! I am so tired of hearing how much work it's going to be. Don't people realize we live this and we know this?! I think it's rude that some people actually laugh at us as if some joke has been played on our lives. We are madly in love with these little babies. All it took was one look at three little beating hearts and kicking legs, and we are hooked!! We are thrilled and excited and of course nervous enough. There is no option but to be elated and start getting organized and ready so we can try to salvage as normal of a life and routine as possible. And any of this negativity is going to have to leave our lives.

On the other hand, we have some VERY supportive friends and family and already are figuring out who is going to be involved in our children's lives and future. (and who is not!) I have been triplet blog browsing like a mad woman and KNOW that fun and happiness and organization is possible. And although it will be a madhouse, it seems that life will still fly by and a couple of years from now we will wonder where the time has gone.

4 comments:

Caz said...

It's sad to hear that other folk don't share your positivity about having triplets. Nothing but positive vibes coming from me.
Sorry to hear the nausea and insomnia is playing up and I hope they both disipate soon.

Anonymous said...

Ann, I have no doubt that you and Peter will write the book on raising triplets ! It's amazing how your instincts take over and coupled with your resourcefulness, you are set to go. I found that if I did NOT think about my lack of sleep, it bothered me much less ! i just tried to forget about it . Your days will be so busy, but the tremendous joy in your heart will be measured three times over ! love, Louise

Anonymous said...

A funny thing about triplets. I met a family once, and the three girls were hysterical about who they THOUGHT was the "oldest" and "youngest." Apparently their mom and dad have never shared the birth certificate so they couldn't lord over the others who is baby, elder,etc. Isn't it funny, a 1 minute time difference could make you the elder?

You're going to have such an amazingly unique family culture! :) I can't wait to find out what gender(s) you have!!

-Cousin Beth

Our life in pictures said...

Amen sister! I'm tired of reading all the negatives too! One of these days I'm making a comment on your facebook....just wait and see....
Lovin ya!

Followers