Tuesday, June 1, 2010

still growing, and growing

No more Mc Dreamy! He is on a new rotation. So I woke up to the same female doctor I had on the first night I was admitted to the hospital. She was with me all night while I was on Mag Sulfate and dilating. She is REALLY nice. She said she couldn't believe I was still pregnant over two weeks later and said that the babies are just doing awesome and although they will have the challenges of prematurity, she is confident that they will be healthy and do great. That puts a smile on my face for the morning!

My belly has gotten SO BIG in the past week. I actually pulled some muscle or ligament or something between my thigh and belly when standing up yesterday. And now I can barely put weight on my left leg. I guess this is normal due to the ridiculous weight of the giganto belly, and the nurses don't want me up because I could fall or my water could break. So - I will try my best to just chill in bed. I know I am huge, but now the nurses are even commenting how fast it is growing. Yikes.

Peter brought me my favorite throw from our house yesterday. And I slept SO GOOD with a comfort from home last night! All of the patients from the high risk unit either delivered or went home yesterday. I was the ONLY patient on this floor last night. It was so quiet! I slept for FOUR solid hours. Awesome.

The skin has completely broken down on my belly and I have open scratches and sores now from my itching and just the wear and tear of the sheets and blankets etc. So today we will try a new steroid cream. It is quite horrible! But, it is my biggest complaint and I think that's probably a good thing.

Ultrasound came in during this post and did the BPP. And the fluid is back at 13! Reagan's cord flow is elevated again. But she is doing just fine. So, all seems well again today. We will see what the doctor says.

1 comment:

jag said...

I really hope your tummy gets to feeling better. That itching is so aggravating. I found the coco butter lotion made it itch even worse and just didn't lotion much. In hindsight, maybe not my best move. Didn't even think to ask for a cream for it. Hope you find one that works.

Followers