Sunday, March 28, 2010

a fun weekend

We were in Fort Myers this weekend for my sister in law's baby shower. It was SO much fun to watch her open all of those awesome baby gifts!! And there were a few babies at the shower, so it was really exciting to take in the baby-ness of it all! Pete's aunts were here from Kentucky. And the weather was amazing!

I didn't really do ANYTHING that required ANY energy. But just the day, the lack of napping and a little extra being on my feet sort of threw me over the edge for some reason. I actually had to leave the restaurant that evening, ruining the nice family outing to go lay in the tub and let my body rest. I was shocked and overly emotional to find out how wiped out I was!! I am better this afternoon after getting home and taking a nice long nap in my own bed.

I guess I've had a couple of noticeable contractions. I don't like them. I plan to call the doctor tomorrow just to chat with the nurse and make sure all is okay. The home health nurse is coming on Wednesday to talk about monitoring for pre-term labor and discuss home infusions in case I would need meds to stop contractions at some point. I am already taking pills that I started over a month ago when I was cramping often. Ugh.

I have learned that I need to drink, drink, drink and stay away from salt to keep from having palpitations. If I am hydrated, I am fine. And then I make trip after trip after trip to the bathroom! It is amazing to realize how tough these babies are on a woman's body. The triplets seem to be doing great though. They are movers and shakers. There is rarley a moment that someone isn't tumbling or kicking me! It is so awesome to feel them as much as I do. It's so reassuring! And tomorrow I will be 22 weeks? Amazing.

4 comments:

jenicini said...

Wow, fun weekend minus the restaurant episode. I'm always amazed at how much salt is in processed and restaurant foods--it's hugely different from how most people cook at home. 22 weeks! WHOOT!

Melinda said...

If you think that you are having noticable contractions that are continuing you should call the on call doctor and let them know. You are at high risk for preterm labor. I am a labor and delivery nurse and think you should call.

The Wheatley Family said...

Well - we had decided to wait and see what happened today. I am taking Indocin to keep that under control and haven't had any problems in over a month. But I did have a couple of them over the weekend. And then absolutely nothing today. So, I was going to wait until tomorrow to see what they say. Thanks though! Stay tuned...

Our life in pictures said...

Yes, drink fluids and be lazy! It's all going to end soon enough, so lazy is good for now!

Followers