Monday, March 8, 2010

Another lonely Monday!

Wow! Those floating babies are HUGE today! And guess what? So is my belly! We will work on a good belly shot this week. I am just pregnant EVERYWHERE. And the strange thing is - I have only gained a few pounds and yet I fit into NOTHING. I can't imagine how big I will get before this is over!

We had a good visit to the hospital (The Baby Place). It is BRAND new and just opened it's doors a month ago. They relocated from another nearby hospital. So the staff is the same and they were able to help design this UNBELIEVABLY beautiful, family friendly place. Awesome!

It was a little bit embarassing. There were 30 in the group. And most all the mom's were due and ready to deliver. So they were all quite big. I look maybe 7 months pregnant or so now. And I fit in just fine when we were sitting in the room listening to the scoop. BUT, when we got up to go on the big tour. The nurses inside the doors of the hospital greeted me with a wheelchair. They knew I was having triplets and were NOT going to allow me to walk as they did not want me in preterm labor yet either. I immediately had GLARES and STARES. It was ridiculous. People were trying to figure out why I was so special. I think every mom needed one! Anyway, it would have been SO much better if they had just announced I had three babies in this belly. By the end, I think they all knew. We got to this one point in the tour where the nurse waved us up to the front and said WE needed to see this. It was the special hall and elevator that takes moms from the baby hospital to All Children's hospital where we can visit our NICU babies. And I didn't stand up to look in the regular nursery and the tour guide loudly said, you never know there was once a set of triplets that stayed in the regular nursery because they did SO well. And she patted my back. ANYWAY. We toured the rooms where I assume I will be admitted at some point during this journey. I pray that we will make it to the end without being admitted, but I am very realistically expecting to be stuck there someday soon. I am also praying for one of the waterfront Tampa Bay view rooms! BEAUTIFUL!

We checked out the amazing gift shop at the hospital. The most awesome baby store I have EVER seen. They had tons of preemie clothes sized at less that 3 pounds and up. It is an expensive grandma store more than one we would shop in. But fun to browse!!

It was a LONG day. We had gone to church in the morning before driving up to St Pete. We giggled because I am on the prayer list and was mentioned during the service. Peter wants to know when HE gets on that list!! We don't know many people at our new church yet. But we speak with the pastor every week. And people in the 3rd service are starting to recognize us. It was funny that a couple of people leaving the earlier service as we were walking in, asked if we were the triplet family. That is a good indicator of how big I am already huh? Ha. I am getting tired of the when are you due question. I don't say well August, but we know the babies will be here by the second week of June around 32 weeks. And blah, blah, blah. So - the new answer we give is June 8th. It saves a LOT of words!

Peter is becoming more and more 'medical' lately. He was a GREAT wheelchair driver. And this morning he goes for a second round of bloodwork in the past few months. He has a MAJOR needle phobia. But he will do anything for these kids!! And for me. :)

My mom stayed down at the beach to get things done at home, and will be back tonight. I will be so lonely without her today! I am enjoying the company and the help! Now that the cribs are up, we will be busy this week with the rest of the rooms details. I can't wait to post some pictures of our cute and VERY crowded little nursery. I LOVE it!

1 comment:

jenicini said...

lol....imagining the glares right now! That was sweet of them though. It's so great that you have a wonderful experienced staff but a brand new facility!

Followers