Monday, November 2, 2009

Feeling selfish.

Babies, babies, everywhere!! It seems there are pregnant women and babies surrounding me these days. And I am OKAY with that. It seems to be an inspiration and I would like their bellies to send me some good baby vibes!!

Today I was chatting with my boss about the IVF cycle. And we discussed in depth, the multiple challenges we have in the fertility department. And it was the FIRST time I have felt that this really is my last shot at bliss. I know we can try a donor cycle and we can adopt. But this feels like my last chance to make some of our very own embryos. It may sound selfish to want my very own mix of Peter and my DNA. And I know I would be MADLY in love with an adopted baby or an adopted embryo. But for now, this is what I want.

2 comments:

jenicini said...

I don't think it's selfish to want to try to mix your DNA! Part of the fun is seeing the mix of you and them in this bundle of joy. You've got to evaluate your options as you go, and figure out where you are--not where you should be. :)

Anonymous said...

It's far from selfish! That's natural... Just keep moving forward. I trust that everything will fall into place! :) ~Erin

Followers