Friday, December 4, 2009

Ho ho ho!!

I am able to stay home today and so excited to have a few days off work! It has been a very long week with the nausea and various other symptoms. It is good timing for the first trimester due to the holidays. I seem to have at least one day off work each week until the middle of January. I usually have Friday afternoons off anyway, and luckily my OBGYN sees OB patients on Fridays. That helps my future schedule immensely and makes my coworker and boss very happy!

I can hardly believe I am starting my sixth week of pregnancy already! Both Peter and I are dying to get through this weekend and find out the next Beta Hcg. Although, we will be (hopefully) really happy for at least a day before we start freaking out and dying to get through the next week awaiting the first ultrasound. The worry never goes away. I wonder if it ever will. I know the symptoms are such a good sign. But if I feel okay, even for a few minutes, I start to wonder what is wrong. It's ridiculous.

The Christmas decorations are up all over in the house and now it's time to start tackling the lights outside. Hint, hint dear husband!! We finally have a reason to hang our third Christmas stocking this year!! It's a WONDERFUL sight to see every morning when I walk through the living room. I have waited soooo long for this. I just hope it lasts and we are in for an exciting life as a family. The Christmas season is my favorite time of the year. And I am not letting a little pregnancy misery keep me from the happiness that the holidays bring to our house!! I love it.

1 comment:

linda said...

Just swung by to see how your cycle went...and you're preggers!
Congrats on the good news! You know, we'd all happily trade in the vomiting for a baby...but when you're in the thick of it, I'm sure you just feel plain icky.
Hang in there. It's all so worth it. Yes? :)

Followers