Thursday, October 29, 2009

Textapalooza

I think most people are afraid to talk to us these days. And I understand. In fact I am a rollercoaster wanting to be happy one minute and sad and alone the next. Even my husband doesn't know how to read me right now. But I do give credit to my blackberry for allowing us to have plenty of support these days. It's so much easier to text and blog than to have uncomfortable and sad conversations on the phone and in person. Things are happening now and I am glad to be finally finishing this cycle and ready to move on.

I was reading a friend's blog that is also struggling with infertility. She is considering all of the options. And at a time while we are feeling a little hopeless, it is nice to realize there are actually quite a few!! I have some structural problems that give us a less than 5% chance of ever conceiving on our own and even then, I am at a HUGE risk of an ectopic pregnancy. Some of our options include IUI, IVF, IVF with a surrogate, IVF with an adopted embryo, IVF with an anonymous egg donor, IVF with a known egg donor, international adoption and domestic adoption. And ALL of these come with a huge pricetag. I don't feel that any of them are the "cheaper route". I have actually been floored to hear most of those figures.

We have already tried jumping into the adoption route and after an intense interview with an agency and looking through mounds of paperwork from other agencies, we were not comfortable with that choice yet. I was full of hope when I took Clomid last year for three months. Only to find out I hadn't ovulated at any time. And we were happy to try IVF this past cycle. I have confidence that my doctor is helping us make the right choices. And for now, he feels that we still have a good chance at getting pregnant with another IVF cycle. So, we're ALL IN! Here we go again. All we can do is hope and pray for the best and for peace in our decision and our outcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and Peter have taken a few days for yourselves in order to figure out what the next step is. It's true - there are so many options, and it can be hard to decide which one to go with. I guess that's part of the roller coaster of struggling with fertility. I wish you nothing but the best of luck!! :) ~Erin

jenicini said...

Yay girl! The struggle after a failure to pick yourself up again after a BFN takes a lot. I'm glad that you know where you want to go from here. :)

Followers